Saturday, January 11, 2014

Quick & Easy HEALTHY Dinner 1

Who doesn't love an easy, fast dinner????

And no, I am not talking about FAsT food!!!!!

Today, I am going to show you a super easy and quick dinner I made that was satisfying and healthy in under ten minutes.

I hate long, drawn out recipes that take all day to make. Plus I am starving after my WOD and will literally grab at anything I see. Tsk Tsk that's a bad habit so I've been playing around with fast meals.

This IS a meatless meal but you can always add a lean grilled or steamed chicken or meat to the plate as well I just didn't have any on hand.

I used coconut oil to satay the onions until very soft.
I added the kale and some pepper to taste. After the kale softened I squeezed fresh lemon juice on it and continued to cook for 2-3 more minutes.


Along with the kale I baked a sweet potato! YUM!!!

I could eat one of those with everything and plus they are so good for you. 
Benefits include:
1. High in vitamin B6
2. Good source of vitamin C and D
3. They contain iron and magnesium which are good for the immune system, heart, muscle, and nerve function
4. High in beta-carotene which helps fight against cancer
5. You can cook them several ways so you don't get bored

Naturally, I don't add butter but I did find a yummy alternative at Kroger and it is this...


It's obviously not the healthiest thing in the WORLD, but its a better alternative. It doesn't taste like coconut either it is very light. Also, I do not add any of that nasty sweet stuff people tend to add to sweet potatoes. I just use plain ole' pepper and pink Himalayan salt.

Sweet potatoes are already naturally sweet so why add brown sugar???

Let me know if any of you try this!!!! More on kale in another post! Can you say super food???

XX
e

No comments:

Post a Comment