Wednesday, September 18, 2013

What the F is CHIA???



Ok so one of my favorite super ingredients to add to pretty much everything is CHIA!!
Now what is chia exactly..?

It is an ancient Aztec seed that is high in ALA { Alpha-Linolenic Acid } which is an Omega-3 essential fatty acid. Our diets are so saturated with Omega-6 that sometimes we forget about the 3! I like to make a chia 'water' before and after I work out because of the protein chia delivers and they can hold their weight like 1,000 times in water so they are also super hydrating for people who train like me.

Other good chia benefits include:
- Feeling fuller faster (aiding in weight loss)
- Known to lower cholesterol
- Lowering blood pressure
- Easily digested
- Good natural protein content
- Amazing fiber source

I meaaaaaan I add chia to literally everything, from my morning smoothie to soups to drinks, protein cookies, breakfast you name it! I also just started using ground chia which is the same as chia seeds but instead of having to soak the seeds in something liquid, it's finely ground so its easier to add to my staple items! I also use ground flax everyday too but thats a whole other post!


Do any of you use Chia?! And if so, don't you just f'in love it????
:)

xx
E

1 comment:

  1. I should get some of this! I already add ground flaxseed to my oatmeal each day but maybe I could add chia too. Thanks for the informative post!

    ReplyDelete