Monday, February 25, 2013

Healthy Recipe: Naan Pizza

As you remember in this post where I showed you a healthier version of pizza with pita bread, today I am going to do something similar with naan bread! Also a healthier alternative to traditional pizza, naan is a flatbread and much simpler than rolling out dough etc. I used the garlic and olive oil flavor. I usually use a whole wheat dough or bread but for simplicity sake I am showing you this.

In that last post I didn't really show you the steps I took when creating the sauce and adding the veggies etc. so this post will have all of that :D


1. Starting out with the bread on the pan to stick into our toaster oven, I put the plain, salt free, tomato sauce on the bread. I then added some herbs { oregano, basil, chia seeds, and sesame seeds }


2. Then on top of the herbs and sauce, I added my veggies which were: onions, zucchini, yellow squash, and green peppers. Pretty much everything I had on hand at the time!



3. Add fresh Parmesan Reggiano, and stick into your oven or toaster oven on about 375 for 10-15 mins or until cheese is melted and crust is toasted. 



4. Take it out when its done to your liking and cut!!

So this is super easy peasy and quick! Hope you all are having a wonderful week, I can't believe its almost MARCH!!! Warm weather better be coming soon.

xx
e

No comments:

Post a Comment