Friday, January 18, 2013

Recipe: Healthy 'Donut' Muffins


{ What mine looked like :D }

Woo Hoo! I love a healthy recipe and these are super delish! I found this recipe on Pinterest and modified it just a bit to make it healthier! I haven't done a recipe in a while and these were just so simple to make and so amazing tasting that I just know you will love them.

First off, they are kind of like a healthy baked 'donut' and that is super appealing to me. I love donuts just as much as the next guy, and these are a skinnier version and of course, much smaller than a donut; so more like a donut hole. These taste so amazing! I am sure there is a way to count the calories in these etc., but I don't count cals so unfortunately I don't know!

Again, heres the recipe I used and here's what I changed:
1. I used whole wheat flour instead of the white flour it called for
2. I didn't use butter at the end, I just brushed the tops of the muffins with coconut oil and then dipped the tops in organic sugar. I also tried to use as many organic ingredients I had on hand! Luckily, this recipe had very simple ingredients that I am sure you will all have in your kitchen!

Overall, I will make these again and again! They were a yummy sweet treat and super easy to make!
Let me know if you all make these and tell me what you think!!!

xx
e

No comments:

Post a Comment