Thursday, December 6, 2012

Holiday Cocktail:Skinny Pomegranate Martini



Those of us who are { legal to drink } know that with the holidays, come fattening cocktails!!! Those egg nog types? You know what I mean?! We are already eating horribly so why drink horribly too. The other weekend I created this 'skinny' cocktail with one of my new favorite drinks. I don't drink alcohol very often at all, nor do I drink soda or most juices. Usually its straight water with lemon juice. But when I get down, I like to play baaaaaartender and create healthier cocktails :)

But, I did try this Izze Pomegranate Sparkling Soda and it was sooooo good! The perfect balance between sweet and tart. I'm not usually a fan of sparkling things [[ it is 70% juice! ]] but it was deeeeeelish! There is no extra added sugar and for one of these martinis you use about 1/4th of the bottle so that means only 30 cals per martini { not including the pom seeds and vodka :D }

Here's What You'll Need:
1. Izze Pom Drink
2. Your favorite Vodka
3. Frozen Pom Seeds <<< must be frozen!!!
4. Sexy Martini glasses

Directions:
Super simple, I add the pom seeds first in the bottom of the glass. >Side Note< its more fun if they are frozen! It adds a fun dimension to the drink, and of course you can eat them after! Since the Izze is sparkling, I stir, not shake. I usually like shaken martinis but for this one I like to stir. Add as much or as little vodka as you want and BOOM! your done!




{{ Perfect for the holiday! So festive }}


Drink Responsibly!

xx
e

No comments:

Post a Comment