Friday, November 16, 2012

Fitness Friday: My Fave At Home Workouts

I am going to start this new little thing called Fitness Fridays woop! Get excited!
I wanted to do a lot more fitness posts on here because I've recently gotten back into working out just about everyday [5-7 days/wk] and it kind of comes back to keeping your body healthy as well as your skin believe it or not! I am one of those firm believers that 'you get out what you put in'. If you put the time and effort into taking care of yourself, eating right, exercising, you get phenomenal results. So I wanted to share with you all some of my favorite at home workouts since I mainly workout at home and have yet to get a gym membership <<Christmas List!!!>>

You need very few things to do a decent at home workout. I like to use my own body's weight to firm my arms so there are different exercises I have found that help with sculpting different parts of the arm just by using your own weight. Exciting stuff

What You'll Need:

1. Yoga Mat
I use a pretty generic pink Nike one but any mat will do! If you use it a lot I suggest investing in a heavier duty one [on the Christmas List again!]

2. Water Bottle
This may seem silly, but I always keep a cutesy pink water bottle next to me with fresh squeezed organic lemon juice in it. Haha

3. Yourself ;)
The most important of them all! And a good attitude hehe

So here are some of my favorite workout vids I use on a daily basis. Each one is a little different, but its good to keep it mixed up.

Mandy Ingber's Yogalosophy
I love, love, love these workouts. Her shorter workout is about 33 mins long and it is the perfect amount of toning and yoga if you're in a rush. I mean, can't everyone spend at least 30 mins a day bettering themselves?!?! I think so. She also has an hr long workout on there. I find yoga so grounding and relaxing. It puts me in a better mood for the day ahead and clears my mind of negative thoughts. There are soooooo many benefits from yoga! I love it!
 I mean if its good enough for Jennifer Anniston....


This is my newest dvd and I love it! I mean she trained Natalie Portman for Black Swan so of course I had to try it. I wasn't sure about the whole 'ballet' thing because I've never done any kind of dancing in my life ha. But I was surprised at the amount of floor work and toning exercises. Theres even a section where you can pick and choose for a custom workout and just do what you want. I do this practically every day and I am still challenged by it. She has a new one out called Body Blast which I plan on trying soon.

So as you can see I am more of a low impact, yoga/pilates gal. I do run...occasionally. I like ellipticals and all that jazz. But I still think that you can get a good workout in at home. Just use what you got! As long as you are doing something that is a lot better than nothing!!

Do any of you have any other video recs??

xx
e



No comments:

Post a Comment